designers departments
whats new capris dresses jackets jeans lingerie trousers shorts skirts sweaters t-shirts tops tops handbags jewelry boots pumps sandals sale
J. LaMore Magazine

Friday, June 06, 2008

Sex & The City. . . Red Carpet

As your west coast reporter for all things gossipy and fashionable, I have to join in on the controversy of the dress that Sarah Jessica Parker wore to the premier of Sex & The City. The dress was gorgeous and the problem is that it was 'second hand'. SJP was promised that the dress had never been worn before when in fact-it had!

Despite assurances that the silver Nina Ricci creation designed by Olivier Theyskens had never been worn on the red carpet before, socialite Lauren Santo Domingo wore the very same dress to the Met Ball last month — and was accompanied to the event by Theyskens himself. Ouch! It wasn't two of the same dress, it was 'THE' dress. That made SJP fuming! I can hardly blame her.

SJP has branded the behaviour of the luxury fashion house “unethical and disappointing”. To add insult to injury, actress Lindsay Lohan wore the dress in an advertising campaign for Disney several months ago. Double Ouch! She's probably wearing the dress right now in rehab. That wasn't very nice, I know, but I couldn't resist.

I surprised the dress isn't being sold in a second hand store by now since everyone and her sister has worn it. I agree with SJP showing her anger and disappointment with the designer. He seems terrible and his apology is a non-apology. "I'm really sorry that Sarah is so upset." Nice apology!

The strapless gown was one of 40 outfits which Parker wore for the international premieres of the Sex & the City movie and the accompanying press junkets. How fun would that be!

I wish I was a socialite. Besides a ton of money, I wonder how you get that title?

Lynn Los Angeles, CA

Jennifer. When are you coming to LA again? Lets make sure we get together.

No comments:

Powered by J. LaMore