designers departments
whats new capris dresses jackets jeans lingerie trousers shorts skirts sweaters t-shirts tops tops handbags jewelry boots pumps sandals sale
J. LaMore Magazine

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Unisex clothing. . . .Hmmmm!

Hi Jennifer and friends: This weekend Chloe Sevigny is introducing her brand new clothing line. If you remember, Chloe Sevigney is one of the star polygamist of the HBO show, Big Love. I don't watch the show but I know of it.

I've been reading the friends blog for years now and just recently, Clare from London and Kalyn from New York have been informing us about the grunge trend they see coming this fall. I thought the old grunge was awful but I would rather see grunge than unisex clothing. The picture on the left show that the blazer, shirts and trousers can be worn by either men or women! Hmmmm . . . !

If the new grunge is a "grown up" grunge I can handle it, but it's hard for me to wrap myself around a unisex look. (I also have an issue when movie stars become clothing designers or attach their name to a line just to sell it, but that's another issue.) Now I understand that you would not intentionally go out looking like the people in the picture but I like clothing that separates men from women. Why would I want to dress like my boyfriend and I definitely don't want my boyfriend dressing like me. Can you imagine?

Anyway, this should be interesting and I'll keep an eye on this look to see how popular it becomes. I hope everyone is having a great weekend.

Lynn
Los Angeles, CA

No comments:

Powered by J. LaMore