designers departments
whats new capris dresses jackets jeans lingerie trousers shorts skirts sweaters t-shirts tops tops handbags jewelry boots pumps sandals sale
J. LaMore Magazine

Friday, August 28, 2009

Is 'grunge' coming back?

Jennifer, I have to say that I'm a little nervous these days as I have a sneaking suspicion that grunge is coming back, . . . in a BIG way! All over London there are ads with the queen of grunge, Kate Moss, and she's wearing what looks like grunge clothing to me. I posted earlier about this and that was just the beginning of what I saw and then the barrage of ads came flying in all directions and in all places. She's on television, in magazines and in stores that carry her brand. She's everywhere.

Remember the old grunge days of the early 90's? Courtney Love and others dressing well, like she still does but she's no longer popular so it doesn't mean anything but when Kate Moss wears grunge, look out! Is this a trend that yo are seeing in New York or LA? I don't see anything like that on jlamore.com either.

Kate Moss is so striking and so hip and cool that she can revive a look like nobody can. She is the quintessential fashionista. I hate her! :) Moss said recently that grunge is coming back in a creative way that is different then before. It's more grown up. One of her favourite pieces is the pencil skirt - "The shape is really lady, but the leather gives it a real grungy, cool, rock’n’roll feel, especially if you wear it with shredded tights and lived-in leather army boots,” I have to say that I really like the pencil skirt but the shredded tights. I don't think so!

Anyway Jennifer, I see you have a pencil skirt from Miss Me on jlamore.com that I think is adorable. Love it! I'm going to keep my on on this grunge thing and will keep you posted.

Clare
London, England

No comments:

Powered by J. LaMore