designers departments
whats new capris dresses jackets jeans lingerie trousers shorts skirts sweaters t-shirts tops tops handbags jewelry boots pumps sandals sale
J. LaMore Magazine

Sunday, August 23, 2009

Everything is ripped these days!

Hi Jennifer & Friends! It seems that jeans aren't the only thing that have a ripped look to them these day. A big trend in London is ripped nylons and stockings! Hmmmm! I can handle the jeans as I have many pairs with shredded thighs and torn out knees and I think that look is hot!

But, I have to say that I immdiately think dirty nasty thoughts when I see ripped stockings and nylons. The images I conjure up in my head is not a pleasant one. I tend think of Courtney Love or Amy Winehouse in a drugged out five day binge on their way to rehab. That's just not a good look on anyone. It looks so trashy!

The top pic is Kate Moss promoting her designs for TopShop and she's in torn up stockings. The bottom pic is Scarlett Johansson posing for Mango designs in torn stockings laying on the floor in an obviously similar fashion. I guess stranger things have happened or maybe its just creative set design and photography.

I've been around long enough to know designers and their investors will try to create a "new look" for a product and then they get a star like Scarlett Johansson to advertise it to give it a jump start, but I struggle with this look and think it only fits into a small demographic. Kate Moss and Scarlett Johansson are certainly big enough stars to start a trend but you won't catch me wearing this look anytime soon.

Clare
London, England

No comments:

Powered by J. LaMore