designers departments
whats new capris dresses jackets jeans lingerie trousers shorts skirts sweaters t-shirts tops tops handbags jewelry boots pumps sandals sale
J. LaMore Magazine

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Tim's Rules to Dress By


One of my favorite fashion personalities is Tim Gunn. I absolutely love Project Runway. He brings such spark to the show. Recently, I came across a little blurb that he wrote in regard to dressing, so I thought I'd share.

1. SILHOUETTE: "When getting dressed, think of your body as a series of thirds; the worst thing you can do is cut yourself in half. Pair a top that ends at your waist (one third) with long pants (two thirds), or wear a knee-length dress that goes no longer than the bottom of your kneecap.

2. PROPORTION: "If you have something loose and blousy on top, whatever you wear below should be sleek and well fitted to serve as a counterpoint, and vice versa".

3: FIT: "Most women wear clothes that are too big--that's the comfort trap. Women don't want to feel constrained, but I say, if you want to dress to feel as though you never got out of bed, then don't.

Lila

No comments:

Powered by J. LaMore