designers departments
whats new capris dresses jackets jeans lingerie trousers shorts skirts sweaters t-shirts tops tops handbags jewelry boots pumps sandals sale
J. LaMore Magazine

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Mixing Prints


I am a child of the eighties' fashion, and I have always loved mixing prints as well as textures, if done in the right way. I know that this can be tricky, but that's why I think this is fun. I think it looks amazing when disparate patterns click, and the result is an artful collage.

There is definitely a method to this mad plaidness. I like to find tops and bottoms linked by a common color scheme or mood. I also like it if the top and bottom are paired together in different proportions and definitely different textures. A loose top with slim pants or jeggings and vice versa. This may sound weird, but sometimes I think of animal prints as almost neutral. Mixing textures is also important, such as wearing a chunky cable knit with a simple cotton top that is thin and lightweight.

The outfit on the left is an example of the perfect match with color scheme and texture. This is a ruffle tweed pencil skirt by "Sine," and it is paired with a silk top by the same designer. The top also has hints of purple in it, but the overall look works. Both of these pieces can be found at my favorite boutique in the entire world, J. LaMore. Yes. In Madison, Wisconsin. Lila.

No comments:

Powered by J. LaMore