designers departments
whats new capris dresses jackets jeans lingerie trousers shorts skirts sweaters t-shirts tops tops handbags jewelry boots pumps sandals sale
J. LaMore Magazine

Sunday, October 08, 2006

Beauty Trend Worth Trying...

I’ve been eyeing the darkly-colored fingertips on the manicured hands of the celebs and have been dying to try this trend myself. I know dark colors, even black, are a huge trend in the manicure-world. But for me (a neutral-shade gal) the trend is a bit intimidating. This weekend, though, I finally dipped my hands into the darker side of polish, and I absolutely LOVE the look – it feels edgy and elegant at the same time. Especially against this fall’s rich color palette, the really deep burgundies and plums look fantastic. My friend Tanya loves Chanel’s classic “Vamp” color, though I think Nars Cosmetics’ “Gimme Shelter” is a perfect deep aubergine (see above left). If you’ve been thinking about this trend but are afraid of going really dark, try one of the colors I mentioned or one of the other dark plums, burgundies, and berries. But keep your nails short – you want to look chic, NOT like Halloween’s come early… (And if anyone can get their hands on Chanel's sold-out, limited-edition "Black Satin," let me know). ;)

Powered by J. LaMore