designers departments
whats new capris dresses jackets jeans lingerie trousers shorts skirts sweaters t-shirts tops tops handbags jewelry boots pumps sandals sale
J. LaMore Magazine

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Madonna














OK. So, I am sure that many people have written blogs on Madonna, and I know that she has been controversial her entire career, and I know that many people have referred to her "reinventing" herself, but I would just like to write about the impact that she has had on the fashion industry, especially myself, since I was 15 years old.

Who can forget the bad dye job and lace fingerless gloves, the neon tights, the black rubber bangles all the way up your arm, the net tops. It was a fashion revolution. Of course, my father wouldn't let me dress "like that," so I had to change in the car, as my mother was part of this conspiracy as well.


Well, the next look that had an impact on myself is the "cone bra", or to put it simply, wearing lingerie on the outside, as an outfit. This was during my college years. I seriously don't think that this look has gone away. I still think it's sexy to wear a bra underneath a sharp blazer, maybe matching pants, pin-striped. It's masculine, but sexy. I still love it.

She brought back the hippy look when she was 40, with her long locks, and today, she is fifty. What fifty-year-old still looks sexy wearing a black corset, posing for a crotch shot? I hope that I look that hot at fifty.

Madonna has revolutionized fashion. A woman can wear whatever she wants, at whatever age, and still be sexy. Well, there are exceptions. One doesn't want to look like a teen-ager. My main point is that we can still push the envelope with fashion. I'm 40, but I don't want to dress like I'm 40. Forget Mom jeans.

Sometimes fashion is timeless. Maybe people question Madonna's morals, but I still LOVE to see what she is wearing. That's hot!!!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree! Madonna has changed the world in many ways and one is in fashion as well as in strength of women in general. I admire her her greatly.

Linda
Vancouver, BC

Maternity lady said...

I admire her too as i grown up on her music !

Powered by J. LaMore